Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leap froggin' for Leap Year!

After reading one of my favorite crafty blogs, introduced to me by one of my SILs, I knew what we had to do for this once in a 4 year day...
We headed to a nearby park, took a big blanket, snacks, beads and lots of energy!
The wind was mighty (which I think is the norm here) but we were excited to find a shady spot underneath the bridge. We set up shop and anchored ourselves so we wouldn't blow away.
We did blow bubbles and HB was so beside himself. He was trying to eat it each time I took them out, so I let him try it. He didn't like it much.
We also did a little Bible story from our AWANA book and sang songs. The girls do well with one each week or so and we usually color a picture that goes with our story and verse.
The other thing was making 'jewelry' with a bucket of beads that I usually don't get out.
The pieces are tiny and HB was trying to eat them mostly. He did like picking them up and dumping them out though.
Then it was time for our big Leap Year activity! I tried my best to explain the every 4 year bit to them but I'm sure it went over their head, so we just decided to go for the game -Leap Frog!
It was really cute..Emmaline said she already knew how to play,
Georgia said she was too little to jump over people but she did it and HB was hilarious...he loved it and tried so hard to climb over all of us. He smiled and danced around the entire time.
Hayes helped carry my water bottle to the car!It was a great Leap Day!

1 comment:

Nat said...

No he is not wearing flip flops... NO! Hes a baby... How can this be! Stay lil Hayes Man please stay little!