Thursday, March 29, 2012

hopping & MOPing

Last weekend we attended our 1st Easter event. My new MOPS group has an annual party at a home with bounce houses, sand and water tables, decorating crafts, pin the tail on the bunny game, egg hunt, pinata and potluck lunch.
Georgia insisted (insisted) on wearing her 'pwetty wed dwess wid a bow on it' to the party. I tried to tell her it was hot outside and that her Christmas dress would not be comfortable but it was just not worth the fight. So we compromised on me picking out her shoes and leggings (which she has to wear a pair with every dress). She was the fanciest dressed one at the party and got lots of compliments!
Emmaline was too busy hunting eggs for a picture..she and Georgia had a bucket full while some other kids had none..we had to practice the art of sharing..it was a little tough for G but Emmaline willingly gave some to a friend.
E hit the pinata, but G didn't want to take a swing. I don't have any pics of it because it was the last thing we did at the party and I was hot and because Hayes had found the dessert table and kept stealing cupcakes off of it. He was a wild man and I was trying to contain him! I failed! We ended up leaving, him kicking and screaming and me with icing all over my black shorts!
I loved that they asked us to bring eggs filled with toys or snacks instead of candy, because we had a pinata. AMEN to that idea! The party was really nice and the kids had a blast.
They were so worn out and took a big nap all afternoon. It was on a weekend so Daniel was able to attend and meet some other dads.
This was Hayes' 1st Easter hunt that he could really participate in and he was egg-cited! HA!
He looked so cute..his cheeks were so rosy and his hair was curled up from the heat. LOVE!
I am hoping to get the kids dressed up to see the Easter Bunny at some point, though I doubt it will go over well with G and HB. Expecting tears!!
We also have been discussing why we celebrate Easter, making glitter gluey bunny crafts and some yummy snacks too!

No comments: