Friday, March 23, 2012

Neither here nor there

So we are back home and have been since Tuesday night..it was a long ride but the kids did so well. I am continuously impressed with how great they do on long trips. It makes traveling to CS or SA or Mississippi not seem so bad which is nice because I like to go places.
I am still trying to get us out and about here. It is hard since the kids aren't in any structured activities yet. I am hoping to start swim lessons soon. We do MOPS but that is so sporadic that it is hard to meet people.
We had lots of fun in CS. After me and the kids had our St. Patty's playdate I got to go out with my friends to the Icehouse on Lake Bryan. It was so fun to hang out and eat crawfish with Pauline, Autumn, Pepper and Kristi! Me and Pauline won in washers!
I really liked it out there and hope to go back again soon and it was kid friendly for the most part!
Live music, good food..FUN!
{our new puppet show}
The next day I helped my parents clean out the garage then got packed to leave the next afternoon. Jimmy called to say he was going to Northgate for crawfish and to hang out. I couldn't say no, of course. So he and Patricia picked me up and we headed out. We had a fun time playing games, eating crawfish and chatting with Miles and Tracer. The night ended a tad later than expected and with a stop at T.C. YUM!
{green beer a day later but still good}
Needless to say the next day I was too tired to drive 6.5 hours by myself...I decided to stay in CS one more night to recover (and hang out with Natalie!).
{HB loved the queso!!}
We lunched with Nat and Toodge at my favorite lunch spot Coco Loco and took pictures in bluebonnets. Natalie came over and we drank Sangria and Champagne and chatted. We are so excited to see Natalie and Toodge over Easter!!
We arrived home late on Tuesday, Wednesday we registered the kids for Fall for school, unloaded the car, did laundry and cleaned a bit. Thursday was E and HB's well checks at 8am. We woke up late and G started throwing up as soon as she sat in front of her cereal bowl. LOVELY! Thankfully, Daniel was still home and stayed with G while she continued to throw up. Poor thing! The new dr. office was great and Dr. Z was really nice and thorough..she said the kids look healthy!
E is 41 lbs.(60th %) and 43 in. (75th %). Hayes is 25.7 lbs.(50th %) and 34.5 in. (90th %). No shots for either!!
I was bummed because we were supposed to head directly to a playdate and because of puke we didn't go. Of course, she was fine the rest of the day, scarfing down food, jumping on the trampoline, swinging, etc.
Also, and last thing I promise...this is such a random post...we had a cat stuck in our trampoline and was going crazy trying to claw it's way out.
Luckily Emmaline is brave and likes animals so she got in there and helped it out. Then today a stray dog found us playing in the front outside and made himself comfy. E was in love and started calling him Sparkle. She let him in the house, gave him water & food and threw the ball for him. She even found a leash for him. Now he won't leave our porch..he is cute, but I don't see Daniel going for it!
{family movie night~Rapunzel}

No comments: